Week Four - The Multiple Literacies for the 21st Century - what they are and why they matter!
Most information you find online regarding "literacy" mainly defines literacy as reading, writing and math. However, in the 21st century there are actually many other "literacies" required by our students. These include, but are not limited to:
- Financial Literacy
- Media Literacy
- The Arts and Creativity as Literacies
- Physical Fitness and Health Literacies
- Global Competencies and Multicultural Literacy
- Social and Emotional Literacy
- Cyberliteracy, or Digital Literacy
Meet some of our experts in these various literacies!